At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 180+ different countries who have created more than one billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
We are looking for an Accountant to join the Finance and Legal Group and to be part of our growth trajectory. The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders - that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams and supporting their goals, whilst being a world-class finance team.
The role is one of the vital positions and will help in achieving the following goals of Finance Team: (1) Work on establishing consistent, documented, robust, repeatable and efficient processes across records keeping and AP functions within the Finance Team. (2) Bring a regimented approach to month close processes within Canva Solutions and across the group.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Best Place to Work for the second year in a row by Great Place to Work Australia.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set-up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat and do your best work! We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at:https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
If you're a passionate accounting professional seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies - then apply now!
- AP Functions:
- Creation of bill entry of suppliers, government agencies and employee cash advance requests in the accounting books
- Review the accuracy of invoices which involves checking information, verifying the correctness of amount due, and substantiate to avoid payment duplication
- Prepare and release of check for payment along with the BIR form 2307
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate and settled timely
- Manage and verify all expense reports and ensure compliance with company policies
- Enter new or update supplier names and data
- Analyze and reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Maintain petty cash accounts and subscriptions register
- Ensure to follow and strict implementation of deadlines and payment run schedule
- Develop accounts payable module for continuous AP process improvement
- Month End Closing Process:
- Responsible of journal entries on accrued expenses, revenue and prepayment accounts reclassification or capitalisation into an asset or expense
- Records all remaining bills from suppliers, remittances from customers, and monthly interbanking transactions like fund transfers and interest income
- Ensures monthly company credit cards and petty cash transactions are recorded to correct general ledger accounts and periods
- Updating accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Preparing analysis of accounts for the monthly B/S & I/S flux report
- Preparation and filing of BIR tax dues and reports, for tax compliance as necessary
- Submit daily cash in bank balance report
- Sort, distribute and respond incoming mail/e-mail from local government agencies, suppliers and employees
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and attending seminars
- Ad-hoc reporting
You’ll love this role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- Have at least 2+ years of related role and Accounts Payable experience
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Knowledge of local (BIR) laws regarding accounting and taxation or statutory compliance
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Equity options
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance
- Professional Education Allowance
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations