Auckland, New Zealand – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group & product - He kōrero e pā ana ki ōu mahi
To continue strengthening our content advantage, we launched Canva Creators in June 2020 - a platform which empowers everyone to submit their high-quality designs into the Canva content library. Our vision is to build the world’s best marketplace. Creators is a product in its hyper-growth phase on top of the exponentially growing company. While still at beta-launch, creators-published designs now contribute to more than 50% of usage by all Canva users, with over 500,000 templates added to the library from Creators in the last 3 months, a 500X YoY growth.
We believe Canva Creators has the potential to take Canva to the next level of scale for high-quality design content, and we want you to be central to that growth.
The scalability team is responsible for the continued health and improvement to our pre-publish design assistance and ML (Machine Learning) powered review system, which directly contributes to more and higher-quality Canva content. We are on a mission to ambitiously ramp up our review velocity through our suite of engineering solutions ranging from machine learning, automated creator education, improved tooling and much more. We want to set a world-class standard for boosting large volumes of quality user submitted content.
Be responsible for driving the product direction, providing technical guidance to the team, growing engineers and scaling the team to support the hyper growth of Creators product. Expect expansion in scope, team size, fun challenges and get ready to learn / grow with us during this hyper-growth phase of our product!
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.