Beijing – Full-time
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of HR to join Canva China!!
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values reporting directly to our Global Head of HR and working closely with the Senior Leaders of Canva China and Sydney to build the best company in the world. You’ll be an experienced leader who knows how to help your team be best in-class and be a strong peer to other leaders helping them solve interesting people opportunities to achieve Canva’s mission and goals.
- Lead a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, goal-driven organisation design etc. while contributing your unique insights from an HR perspective
- Lead the local People Team and leaders to develop and roll out programs to help with hiring, onboarding, team development, designing and delivering learning programs, individual growth and development, performance and HR issues
- Drive high performance and engagement across every level of the organisation
- Identify problems and opportunities for specialities, and work with our broader People team to leverage the available resources, help prioritise and plan our People roadmap, and fill the gap with immediate short-term solutions
- Guide and coach senior leaders and local HR team on the full gamut of HR issues (hiring and talent planning, performance management, compensation & rewards etc.)
- Work closely with the Head of Canva China to gain a deep understanding of business goals and priorities, ensuring that we have the right talent in place to achieve them.
- Ensuring there is integration across the People team, business, team and speciality leadership, and feeding back speciality needs and challenges
- Handle sensitive issues and be a trusted advisor.
Who you'll be
- 5+ years experience as a Head of HR, ideally in the tech industry
- Have demonstrable working within a multi-national company and collaborating across different countries and cultures
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, speciality leads, teams, and our People team functions
- You have a passion for developing great people and organisations
- Excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, organisational design & development, talent management, compensation, and employee relations
- Ability to think strategically and look ahead, by analysing data and determining talent trends to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- Data driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve supporting someone with parental leave questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a new onboarding program
- Be able to clearly communicate to People team functions the needs and wants of the specialty you are working while recognising the overall strategic values of the people team.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- While not essential, we’d love to see Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.