Beijing – Full-time
We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
- Screening of inbound applications (from all over the world) for Canva’s various business and technology units.
- Attraction and engagement of active and passive candidate across the various recruitment platforms and technologies utilized by the Canva People Operations team.
- Market mapping organizations for identification of passive talent in line with Canva's needs.
- Working across the full recruitment lifecycle - from posting advertisements, actively headhunting (over the phone, email, and social media), and guiding applicants through the interview process and offer close.
- End to end management of talent attraction projects and targeted recruitment campaigns.
- Ensure the integrity of the information entered into our applicant tracking system and promotion of modern recruitment best practices.
- Promote and support the data driven talent acquisition approach and strive for constant collaboration across both the Sydney, Austin and Manila offices.
- Be a cultural ambassador for Canva
Required Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience as an an in-house or agency recruiter.
- A fundamental understanding of or strong interest in: online products and marketplaces, digital product design, SEO / SEM, and general online marketing and growth.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills - comfortable writing job descriptions, emails, making headhunt calls, qualifying candidates, preparing candidates for interviews, and closing on offers.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail and analytical skills, a curious demeanour, and an interest in improving operational efficiencies and processes within the team.
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions at Canva (tech, product, business, etc).
- Interest and passion to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment.
- Experience managing process improvement projects with a focus on quality, creativity and on-time turnaround of deliverables.
- Desirable - Previous experience in a startup would be beneficial.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.