At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
About the Team
The Design Specialty in Manila aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best designers to support the different teams in Canva.
Brand Studio is a team supported by the Communication Design subspecialty of the Design Specialty. The team is also under the Brand and Marketing group. Brand Studio ensures that internal and external communications are on-brand and helps provide design support to teams without any designers.
The Brand Designer role will be to support the People Group MNL (PR & Comms, Talent Acquisition, Team Happiness, Vibe, and Canva University).
What you'll do...
- Create customised decks for different initiatives of the different teams under People Group MNL. This will include collateral for internal and external events, talent acquisition efforts, social media content and templates, office signages, etc.
- Design and or illustrate for projects that directly impact country specific goals
- Active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions
- Liaise with other teams internally to align on brand guidelines
We'd love it if you have
- 2+ years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Effective group facilitator who enjoys teaching design, running design bootcamps, and empowering others to be great designers
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Quick tip: Send your CV along with your portfolio that would best highlight your brand works!