At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Canva has undertaken the 1% pledge which has led to the creation of the Canva Foundation. This has been set up to achieve the following goals: to be a force for good and empower not-for-profits to achieve their goals. Canva is also creating a community space (Canva Space) for some of our key stakeholders such as our not-for-profit community, education partners and local community.
The Foundation's mission is to Be a Force for Good by bringing the best of Canva to help solve global challenges in the most impactful way possible.
About the team
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of the Finance team, and in partnership with the Charity team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies;
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals;
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support initiatives of the Canva Charity and Canva Space, directly impacting our not-for-profit community, education partners, and local & global community.
In line with the creation of the Canva Foundation, there is now a requirement for a dedicated accountant to look after the accounting, compliance and reporting of our charitable entity and its philanthropic endeavours. This role will help Canva achieve one of its fundamental goals - to do the most good possible.
Having solid experience with Australian charities and not-for-profit organisations will be helpful to the role, but more importantly, integrity in their work and a passion for community projects is a must.
What you'll do:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Funds management and reconciliations (petty cash, bank accounts and credit cards)
- Preparation of financial reports and annual returns
- Weekly and monthly close process Inventory and fixed asset management
- Charity compliance reporting requirements
- Payroll, timesheets and roster support for the Canva Space
- Project management / time allocation for Canva’s 1% pledge
- Finance Business Partnering Support for the Charity team
- Identifying areas for process improvement and working closely with the Vibe Team on the overall initiatives of the Canva Foundation
- Other ad-hoc activities, analysis and project work as required
What we are looking for:
- At least 2+ years of relevant accounting experience;
- Understanding of not-for-profit compliance requirements and awareness of Australian Charities legislation preferred
- CA/CPA qualified/working towards your qualification is preferred
- Previous knowledge and experience with accounts processing and reporting is a must
- Analysis skills and the ability to understand costs, budgets and provide insights
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills – delivering a great service to all levels of stakeholders
- Competent in Excel
- Experience in accounting systems such as Netsuite is a bonus
- A keen eye for detail
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations