At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we are out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
Canva is an online platform that is available across the globe with millions of users worldwide, and our Community Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users and keep them engaged through social media and their respective communities.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Lead to join our team. Social media and online communities are the fastest and most accessible way to interact with our users, which means that our community managers are our front-liners. We are active on different social media platforms such as: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Canva community groups. We create valuable content and engage with users in real time ensuring that each message, mention, tweet, post, and share - are responded to and given its much-deserved #Canvalove.
What you'll be doing:
- Take full responsibility for the overall output of the engagement team, including ticket backlog, user specific feedback and ensure team are meeting outlined SLA’s and goals.
- Drive strategic decisions for the growth and future of the team including resourcing, tools and processes.
- Be our brand guardian and ensure we are actively representing TOV in responses.
- Carry out regular team reporting, analyse community data and share current trends and insights with the brand team.
- Have a thorough knowledge of how to leverage Canva brand love – there’s a lot of it!
- Coach and challenge team members, supporting their career aspirations while maintaining alignment with business goals.
- Organise regular team training and workshops as needed to support team growth.
- Be at the forefront of the latest social channel platform and community management news and trends.
You’ll love this job if:
- You are social media savvy and know the in’s and outs across various social media channels.
- You’re a leader and want to help support others to achieve their full potential.
- You’ve had significant and relevant experience in managing social media communities.
- You have a flair for conversational, social media content writing and a critical eye for both the overall copy structure and grammatical details.
- You’re a natural problem-solver and have the ability to resolve problems with a sense of urgency to make others feel that the concerns they have are valid.
- You have the ability to step into other people’s shoes and understand their underlying concerns and issues.
- At least 2 years experience in a community management lead role.
- Proven experience in handling and growing a team.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What you'll learn:
- How to engage with Canva users in a creative, personal way
- How to create and strategise valuable content and programs for the community
- Ins and Outs of the Canva tool
- Managing social media sites with more than a million followers.
- How to push your creativity and passion to the limit.
- How to solve problems and help users with their concern.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us every day
- Fitness membership allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations