At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
Canva is an online platform that is available across the globe with millions of users worldwide, and our Community Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users and keep them engaged through social media and their respective communities.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team. Social media and online communities are the fastest and most accessible way to interact with our users, which means that our community managers are our front-liners. We are active on different social media platforms such as: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Canva community groups. We create valuable content and engage with users in real time ensuring that each message, mention, tweet, post, and share - are responded to and given its much-deserved #Canvalove.
You are driven and passionate about user engagement and providing people with a positive and efficient social media experience. You generally stay quick on your feet, patient, and calm. You have an eye for design and have ideas for valuable content. You are passionate about technology and consumer-internet companies, much like Canva or other software app companies. You are incredibly tech and social-media-savvy, comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. Last but not least, you are resourceful and a go-getter - you are comfortable with taking the initiative to surprise and delight our design community.
What you’ll be doing...
- Creatively engage with our users on Canva’s social media accounts and ensure that everyone enjoys a tailored and positive user experience
- Escalate customer issues reported on social media – to the Community Team, and ensure that the loop is closed between user and the team
- Create valuable social media content
- Attend regular meeting sessions as scheduled by the Community Team Coordinator
- Provide continuous support and assistance in completion of ad hoc tasks needed by the team.
You’d love this role if…
- You are social media savvy and know the in’s and outs across various social media sites
- You’ve had significant and relevant experience in managing social media pages and/or communities
- You’ve managed, boosted and increased user-engagement for social media accounts previously
- You have a flair for conversational, social media content writing and a critical eye for both the overall copy structure and grammatical details
- You’re a natural problem-solver and have the ability to resolve problems with a sense of urgency to make others feel that the concerns they have are valid
- You have the ability to step into other people’s shoes and understand their underlying concerns and issues. You have knowledge and understanding of Sprout Social – Canva’s primary tool for social media engagements.
What you’ll learn...
- How to engage with Canva users in a creative, personal way
- How to create and strategize valuable content and programs for the community
- Ins and Outs of the Canva tool Managing social media sites with more than a million followers. How to push your creativity and passion to the limit
- How to solve problems and help users with their concern.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
PS – We’re still pooling for this role. We won’t be able to get in touch with you soon but you’ll definitely hear back from us by June