About the team
As a Content Designer at Canva, it’s your mission to create content that makes complex things simple and to give ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. We place a strong emphasis on the success of our users, and content in all forms has a big impact on that. This means content designers are involved in helping to define Canva’s user journeys—ensuring that our customers receive a high-quality experience. This will include copy for email campaigns, in-app messages and instructions, mobile push campaigns, UX writing and more.
You’ll be the champion of Content Design at Canva, working with a variety of teams – from onboarding to the Canva editor. You’ll be working with a team of talented product designers to create fantastic experiences for our users.
You’re a writer first and foremost: you love to write product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice. You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various background and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in. You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver. You write copy with impact: your messaging moves the needle on key metrics.
What you'll do
- Establish a content strategy for content design at Canva
- Create and prioritise the content design roadmap
- Lead the content design team
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft UX copy that helps Canva users to design
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and growth marketers to create products that serve a global audience
- Optimize Canva’s onboarding and sign up flows and error messages
- Provide documentation about content design workflows and establish a style guide for content design
- Define the product voice for Canva’s Enterprise and Education products, shipping copy that reflects this
- Create robust, user-friendly copy that guides users through key content management, collaboration and team workflows for Enterprise and Education users.
- Contribute to growth in Enterprise team size and self serve conversion
- Plan for the growth of the Content Design specialty at Canva
- You have at least 5 years’ UX writing/content design experience
- You’ve lead and grown content design teams, and successfully introduced content design into a company’s practices
- You are passionate about user experiences
- You have incredible writing chops and an impressive content design portfolio
- You’ve written copy that has moved the needle on key metrics
- You love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design
- You’re a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects
- You are a stickler for consistent brand voice and style