At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies.
About the team
You’ll be the champion of Content Design at Canva, working with a variety of teams – from onboarding to the Canva editor. You’ll be working with a team of talented product designers to create fantastic experiences for our users.
You’re a writer first and foremost: you love to write product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice. You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various background and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in. You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver. You write copy with impact: your messaging moves the needle on key metrics.
What you'll do:
- Establish a content strategy for content design at Canva
- Create and prioritise the content design roadmap
- Lead the content design team
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft UX copy that helps Canva users to design
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and growth marketers to create products that serve a global audience
- Optimize Canva’s onboarding and sign up flows and error messages
- Provide documentation about content design workflows and establish a style guide for content design
You'll love this job if:
- You have at least five years’ UX writing/content design experience
- You’ve lead and grown content design teams, and successfully introduced content design into a company’s practices
- You are passionate about user experiences
- You have incredible writing skills and an impressive content design portfolio
- You’ve written copy that has moved the needle on key metrics
- You love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design
- You’re a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects
- You are a stickler for consistent brand voice and style
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates