At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporates, small businesses, non-profits and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
There is now a need for a Corporate Accountant to assist with the growing internal and external reporting requirements and maintenance of accounting records across multiple jurisdictions. As a Centre of Excellence within finance, the Corporate Accounting function prides on being able to deliver accurate and relevant financial information to support strategic decision making and ensure compliance with accounting policies for each jurisdiction. In this role, you will work closely with the Group Corporate Accountant (located in Manila) and the Corporate Accounting Manager (located in Sydney HQ) to ensure that group-wide tasks and projects are supported.
This role will provide you the opportunity to understand global business operations, identify process improvements and provide exposure to the application of accounting standards in multiple jurisdictions.
We are a fast-moving business so change is frequent and volume will continue to grow. You are comfortable working in an environment where speed and adaptability is key and project deadlines are often short. In this regard, you will be expected to manage your work, prioritise with the team and deliver high quality outcomes as required.
You will be responsible for assessing the impacts of new accounting pronouncements, conducting
accounting research, updating and maintaining the Company’s accounting policies, and implementing the adoption of new accounting standards. You are comfortable in determining appropriate courses of action and are able to communicate the relevant options or decisions clearly and in a timely manner.
Importantly you are a team player for we are all about “no I in Finance”. You will be ready and willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role. Finally you are someone who’s keen to learn new knowledge and dive into the world of corporate accounting.
- Your role will have a global focus, with your tasks spanning across the entire Group. Your tasks will include:
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation
- Work cross functionally with finance, legal and other business partners to gather information, and advise on accounting considerations
- Research and document the accounting treatment for new transactions and business initiatives across the Group
- Assist in coordinating with external auditors to deliver timely audits.
- Prepare corporate accounting adjustments and create balance sheet reconciliations for the related accounts.
You’d love this role if you have
- A Bachelor’s/College degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 2-4 years accounting experience in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Relevant qualification (PICPA/CA or equivalent)
- Working experience in supporting multiple clients/countries
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati