At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to lead a team creating stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
Our Enterprise Template Design Team empowers businesses to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. From presentations to social media, illustrated posters to videos and beyond, our goal is to provide our Enterprise clients with everything their company needs, beautifully designed and easy to use in Canva.
We need the help of talented Junior Designers to help bring exciting campaigns and projects to life, execute professionally designed and usable templates for companies large and small.
Joining our design team means you contribute to empowering everyone to create beautiful and usable designs right at their fingertips.
Check out what the Manila templates team has done the past few months here.
About the Role
The Creative Lead provides oversight, vision and leadership for the Print Design squad, inspiring and developing our talented and motivated team to create high-quality print designs, on paper and product. You’ll work closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio, directing photography and illustration. This is an opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, with freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day.
What you’ll do as our Creative Lead...
- Direct design on key template projects across the Enterprise and Partnership team at Canva
- Research and direct content strategy for our templates campaigns, working across a broad range of verticals and topics to ensure every Canva user has what they need for anything print
- Ensure high quality production of campaigns for a successful partnership with our partner’ business
- Mentor and provide developmental support to junior and senior designers to ensure the team is set up for success to launch projects and campaigns
- Brief our design team to create beautiful and usable print templates
- Own curation and quality assurance for print template
- Work closely with the team developing Canva’s product – and ensure that our templates evolve with and inform our features
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, visual/interaction design inspiration, user and business insights
- Ensure our designers create with usability requirements in mind.
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
We'd love it if you have...
- 5+ years experience as an Senior Designer, Art Director or Creative Director creating a diverse range of print designs
- Experience leading a small team of designers, and providing professional support and development for junior and senior designers
- A love for print and editorial design, with experience in print production processes, paper stock and print product
- The ability to prepare files for print flawlessly
- A passion for writing simple and clear briefs, with demonstrated experience in commissioning photographers, illustrators and other creatives
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best and most relevant print works!
- You’re a hustler! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcome.
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations