At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and every one, on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 400 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies. We're growing rapidly and building a product that users really love -- just check out Twitter! #CanvaLove
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customizable designs that empower users to create the content they need.
If you are currently looking for a design internship, then this is the perfect chance as we are looking for interns who will be part of our design specialty – collaborating on exciting projects, working on making our crazy big goals happen, and partnering with across teams in ensuring we ship out high-impact goals and campaigns in Canva.
As our Design Intern, you get to learn the ins & outs of one of the fastest-growing companies, the inner-workings of an agile and creative design team, and work closely with highly passionate teams contributing to empowering the world to design.
At Canva, you learn how to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a CEO—constantly pushing ourselves.
We open opportunities on how to push your creativity and passion to the limit.
Template Design Team
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design” but this happens through many channels and experiences, one of which is our template library which contains over 75,000 designs available for customisation.
Our Templates team in Manila aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our template library.
If all this sounds challenging and exciting to you – send your CV along with your portfolio! Go the extra mile and send us an impressive cover letter and why you want to join Canva’s design internship ;)
What you'll be doing
- Partner with senior designers, marketers, and key stakeholders to take conceptual ideas and turn them into project and campaign deliverables.
- Create design assets like illustrations and color palettes that help guide users in ensuring their designs are not only attractive and engaging but also usable.
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders, users and data to validate designs and ensure the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability.
- Participate in design critiques, providing feedback to other designers and presenting your own work.
- Collaborate with Canva designers to apply the design kits/brief/guide, helping to improve and maintain a consistent visual system.
- Visually communicating design solutions by creating unique and original templates for various teams, themes, and topics.
- Identify opportunities for layout and template creation that require visual upgrades through inspection of our library and user feedback.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation, adhoc design projects, and process improvement.
- Act upon requests for quick template changes, based on user feedback
- Participate in weekly design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs as necessary.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of users.
You'll love this internship if:
- You have a stylistic approach and a strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles, and elements
- You have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you:
- Are currently enrolled in an Internship Curriculum
- Are familiar with Canva – as a company and of course, as an app! (Pro tip: play around with it and send your CV using one of our templates!)
- Have a fresh and updated portfolio showcasing your design goodness 😉
What you'll love at Canva:
- Competitive paid internship – we hear you.
- Free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our inhouse chefs! (side note: our meals every day look amazing and of course, is super delicious)
- A 7am – 4 pm internship schedule in Makati (Win-win situation: fewer people on the road!)
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations