At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Team & Role
Our brand team’s mission is to make Canva the most loved company in the world. Working within Canva’s vibrant and friendly Social & Community team, you will be responsible for executing video content that reinforces our brand and values, and showcases the stories of both our global community and internal culture.
You’ll be a creative and strategic storyteller with experience editing content across all social media platforms. Your videos will support our brand campaigns, product launches and always on strategy to inspire, educate and entertain our audience to achieve their design goals.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the creation of quality video content across a wide range of social platforms; including filming, and editing.
- Optimise & repurpose content for multiple social channels (e.g. Stories, IGTV Facebook, LinkedIn) with a clear understanding of channel native tactics and formats/specs.
- Demonstrate learnings from creative decisions in editing that help drive community engagement.
- Collaborate with our motion designer on graphic treatments and delivery.
- Bring briefs to life in creative and innovative ways, with the ability to quickly source and shoot footage as required.
- Be confident and competent interviewing people – making them feel comfortable, trusting and at ease on camera.
- Be as passionate about shooting with a mobile, or capturing interviews via Zoom as you are getting stuck into full location shoots!
We’re looking for:
- 2-5+ years experience as a Videographer and Editor, creating a diverse range of video across various social media platforms.
- Intensive knowledge in handling equipment: camera, sound, lapel, lighting, etc. Can make technical recommendations on the best equipment to use.
- Experience in shooting from different devices, resolutions and formats
- Shooting in controlled and uncontrolled environment, space restrictions
- Working knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Audition (or other sound mixing software)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects DaVinci Video editor would be a bonus
- Experience creating motion graphics and/or animation – or working with a motion graphics department.
- The ability to work and brief illustrators and animators to create beautiful and quality content
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design/creativity and stories.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Diligence to hit deadlines, open to feedback and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content.
- Someone that loves a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and that can bring clarity and efficiency amongst the chaos.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with short term needs / initiatives
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates