At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Education is priceless. So we’re offering a super-charged version of Canva to classrooms for free. Jam-packed with value and time-saving features (plus millions of free images), every user of Canva for Education gets hundreds of dollars of value for free. This has created a need for us to hire an Education Sales Lead.
The mission of the Education Sales Lead is to ensure that we have the people and practices in place to share Canva for Education with school districts around the world and realize how Canva can be the creativity tool for every classroom. He or she will help Canva leadership develop and grow the company’s strategy and execution of Education goals, implement best practices for building a world-class schools success organization, and drive operational excellence for the day-to-day management of the business.
What you'll do:
- K-12 districts and classroom growth: rapidly grow Canva for Education adoption across K-12 school districts in the U.S. to help hit the company’s overall EDU aspirations
- User enthusiasm: extend Canva’s tradition of high user engagement and satisfaction across students, teachers, parents, and administrators, and continue to prioritize user feedback and excitement as the Education product grows
- Best-in-class processes, practices, and efficiency: create, educate and refine the team practices, adoption playbooks, and KPIs needed for operating as a top SaaS business (including but not limited to): pipeline development, conversion rates, forecasting, hiring, enablement, training, partnerships, and cross-functional collaboration
- Operational and infrastructure guidance: lead and manage our Austin-based EDU sales and customer success team, test and help prioritize systems roadmap (i.e., CRM, marketing automation, quoting, etc.), and set-up a feedback loop of customer requirements for product to support Education growth in K-12 school districts.
- Growing and happy team: attract, motivate, and develop the talent we need to accomplish the above
What we are looking for:
- Leadership: proven success scaling out Education sales teams with a track record of over-achieving targets within a market-leading SaaS business. Ability to attract, motivate, and manage A+ talent to deliver strong results. Work with executive stakeholders as a peer and help shape the focus of the business
- Business insight / judgement: ability to prioritize focus of effort and inquiry with an eye to business impact/outcomes
- Communication skills: ability to communicate complex concepts and insights concisely and with actionable so-what
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations