At Canva, we work to make a significant positive impact on society. Our vision is to empower the world to design. Since our launch in April 2013, we have grown exponentially and the journey has only just begun.
If you’re keen to work with a zestful cross-cultural team, then we’d love to hear from you! We mean it when we say, it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood to help you do your best work. At Canva, you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
About the team
The Vibe Team is responsible for making Canva the best place in the world to work in and is split into three areas - Kitchen Operations, Office Operations (Facilities & Admin) and Employee Engagement. We are growing our office operations ensuring that each team in Canva has the best and efficient office experience.
About the role
We are searching for a self-motivated and outgoing Events and Engagement Lead to assist our organisation in delivering phenomenal events that engages our employees, build business relationships, generate excitement around our organisation, grow sales, and amplify brand awareness.
The Events and Engagement Lead will be responsible for conceptualising event themes, preparing and managing event timelines, coordinating technical aspects, processing invoices, marketing, managing event staff, preparing expenditure reports, and managing risk. Your creativity and resourcefulness in organising and hosting successful events that meet business objectives will aid us in retaining our employees, promoting products, engaging with clients, inspiring confidence in our brand, and communicating brand strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do as our Events and Engagement Lead...
- Conceptualises, executes, and reports on events designed to support the company and its upscaling efforts.
- Handles, assists, organises and plans the Internal events of Canva Philippines and the external events of the People Group and coordinates with different stakeholders for a seamless project.
- Scouts, sources and negotiates with providers on materials needed for projects and events that will increase the crowd’s knowledge about the company
- Builds and distributes regular pre – event status reports and post – event trip report
- Serves as event project coordinator, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development, and event flow, event promotion and registration, printing and shipping, budget management, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.; working with the event owner on speaker identification, content creation, collateral, and swag creation, etc.; on-site duties include ensuring proper set- up and signage, registration and coordination, AV testing, speaker management, time management, etc.
- Coordinates with brands and Canva Partners for collaboration on certain projects to improve the company’s branding
- Produces creative solutions in the field of non-traditional advertising from events, activations, ambient media, advertising, etc. In order to accomplish a project’s stated goal
- Identifies opportunities for campaigns that will lead to successful campaigns and events
- Supports new product development and designs across the organisation including creating excitement around new product/feature launches, channeling product feedback and managing issue resolution.
- Implements marketing plans together with the marketing team for a consistent digital marketing message
- Conducts research and development in relation to trends and best practices in different industries
- Drives pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation
You'll love this role if you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Major in Marketing or any trade equivalent
- More than 3 year of experience in Events management including Employee Engagement
- Strong foundation and experience in Digital PR
- Excellent Business Acumen and Ethical Practice
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in G-Suites; experience with calendar management
About the candidate
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organisational skills, great leadership qualities, excellent multi-tasking skills, superb interpersonal skills, and be creative. The exceptional Event and Engagement Lead should deliver a remarkable brand experience for our clients, reinforce client-to-business relations, enhance our organisation’s image, aid business growth, and deliver events that meet objectives and exceed expectations.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!