Recruitment starts February 2020, apply now to be notified when we kick off the process!
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for everyone on every computing platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users in over 100 languages, making us one of the world's fastest growing technology companies. We're growing rapidly and building a product that users really love -- just check out Twitter!
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from engineers who has worked with the likes of Google, JetBrains, Yandex, Atlassian, Amazon, Facebook, and other popular technology houses from all over the world. You will get the opportunity to learn and apply best-practice software engineering, focused on strong software engineering fundamentals and pragmatism. You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work and build features and functionality that impacts millions of users around the world. To dig into the in and outs of engineering at Canva, here's an article written by our CTO, Dave, discussing how we get things done.
We have internships on both the Product Frontend and Backend.
What you need to have:
- Currently within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Strong Computing and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow as a technologist
- This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience working with databases – SQL and/or NoSQL is fine!