At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The mission of Canva’s Vibe team is to ensure everyone at Canva is empowered to do their best work every day, by providing an incredible workplace and environment for our team to thrive.
Here’s a small taster of some of what our team does:
Our internal catering. Yep, we provide breakfast and lunch every day, to more than 700 people globally. Our incredible team of chefs prepare amazing fresh and nutritious meals each day, that bring our teams together to bond and share with one another. We even have a farm where we grow our own produce that is delivered daily to the kitchen squad.
Organising events and celebrations. We have organised many events over the years, from a Woodstock themed team planning day, to a hackathon for Indigenous entrepreneurs. And just recently a season opener that was open to the public to attend in December where we launched new products and decorated the space in a 1920’s Gatsby theme.
Managing our global construction projects. We have just opened a brand-spanking-new 7 storey building in Sydney, which will hold up to 400 Canvanuats. We’ve also opened an office in Beijing, and expanded into three new floors in our Manila office.
Running our facilities. Keeping our workplace running smoothly is no small feat. Day-to-day we ensure that the lights are kept on, our spaces are working smoothly, and our team members can sort out any questions or concerns as quickly as possible.
Supporting our team’s to be effective. We also support our teams with everything from our fortnightly all-hands, to supporting them with their goal-setting, celebrations (we do a lot of these) when our team’s hit their goals and more.
Our construction and facilities lead will help our team take things to the next level. You’ll help our team set up systems and processes to help the team scale and work in an efficient manner across all tasks.
This role will be critical to the success of the Vibe team as we grow. This person will be across all maintenance and construction areas to ensure the smooth delivery of the services and areas of the squads responsibilities.
What you'll do:
- Construction Project Management. Plan and oversee the construction of our office spaces and new projects. Work closely with the architect from initial concept through to delivering the final build and sign off. This will involve strong experience in design, supply coordination, compliance, regulation, work health and safety, communication with contractors, scope, timeline, forecasting projections and budgeting experience.
- Facilities. Make sure the building and Canva’s services are working correctly. This includes setting up and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules, service level agreements are set and adhered to, working closely with our contractors, tracking our assets, ensure our schedule of audits are actioned and tickets are worked through and cleared. Work closely with base build organisations. Environments within the building should be maintained at all times so our staff can enjoy a pleasant working space.
- Work Health & Safety. Ensure the spaces Canva occupies comply with WHS regulations. And ensure that the construction works are compliant and that any incidents or hazards are reported and resolved. This also includes regular training for both security, emergency & evacuation training.
- Capacity Planning. Track and forecast all real estate options. Conduct feasibility assessments of potential sites and projections are captured in conjunction with real estate options.
- Innovation and Processes. Review and refresh operational processes within the facilities & construction team. Research new and innovative tools and products that will push Canva into a realm of its own.
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility. Environmental awareness is baked into everything we do here at Canva. This also needs to be reflected in our facilities and construction team by aligning with organisations that fit our company values.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of construction project management experience.
- Fit-outs and refurbishments experience.
- Facilities and work health and safety experience is a plus.
- Experience looking for new office space and real estate.
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a business owner.
- Ability to think beyond specs and roadmaps – applying novel approaches and design thinking to the entire construction cycle.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team of people to move fast, while still maintaining a high level of quality.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates