At Canva, we work to make a significant positive impact on society. Our vision is to empower the world to design. Since our launch in April 2013, we have grown exponentially and the journey has only just begun.
If you’re keen to work with a zestful cross-cultural team, then we’d love to hear from you! We mean it when we say, it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood to help you do your best work. At Canva, you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
About the team
The Vibe Team is responsible for making Canva the best place in the world to work in and is split into three areas - Kitchen Operations, Office Operations (Facilities & Admin) and Employee Engagement. We are growing our office operations particularly the Facilities side ensuring that each team in Canva has the best and efficient office experience.
About the role
As the Facilities and Construction Lead, you will directly oversee the service, maintenance (and growth) of our office space in Manila. You’ll also play a key part in the workplace operations, setup of new locations and spaces ensuring that Canva standards are maintained while incorporating appropriate aspects of local culture.
What you'll do as our Facilities Lead...
Guide the selection of operational service providers; partnering with other Canva internal teams to negotiate contracts for furniture, office equipment, and supplies and services.
Analyse costs and monitor expenses; execute cost reduction and containment where appropriate.
Establish and sustain maintenance and preventative maintenance plans for offices. This could include agreements for cleaning, maintenance suppliers, and any special requirements based on specific office fit-outs.
Ensure all offices have health and safety plans in place and are following all related legal requirements.
Security planning, rollout and maintenance
IT infrastructure (internet, hardware) planning and rollout in conjunction with Infrastructure Team
- Capacity Planning
Create an effective space management program with flexibility in configurations.
Track upcoming office space needs and requirements.
Recommend expansions, relocations and new office spaces to the key stakeholders to meet anticipated growth.
Coordinate lease activities from site selection, lease term negotiations, through lease execution, sub leasing and managing co-working space.
Report leasing activities and data as needed to the Finance team for their reporting needs.
Recommend changes to Canva’s workplace standards to meet the changing requirements of end user groups and incorporating appropriate new design trends and technology.
- Office Compliance
Emergency and Fire Safety
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
Building Insurance Compliance
Oversee office and business compliance for Canva Manila
- Project Management
Responsibility for all key Facilities-related projects – including defining requirements, site selection, lease negotiations, design process, overseeing construction, ordering furniture and equipment, IT & security and communications.
Ensure that schedules and budgets are developed and maintained for projects.
Ensure appropriate council approvals are applied for and granted for all construction projects and facilities that need them
Monitor progress of all projects, provide support and guidance to keep all projects on schedule, within budget and ensure end user satisfaction.
Regularly communicate project status to key stakeholders
Provide project status reports on costs (comparing to budget), and timelines (comparing to plan)
You'll love this role if you have...
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, or other relevant courses.
- Successful experience as a Facilities Manager or similar role previously where you’ve led projects and teams on: Building management / maintenance & repairs; Space planning and management; Occupational health and safety; Energy and environmental management; Vendor negotiation, procurement, and management; Security and safety; Emergency, risk, and contingency management
- Amazing project management skills. You are naturally organised. Your magic is being able to put relevant processes and systems in place to simplify the work and to make tasks and goals accessible and achievable. You must have led construction or space management projects successfully in the past.
- Organisation, prioritisation, multitasking – with a sharp eye for detail. You work well under pressure, have sound judgment and decision-making when juggling your priorities, and sets a high-bar each time you deliver your work.
- Chameleon communicator and influencer. You will need to be able to drive different stakeholders (team coordinators, founders, country manager, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers) to agree and execute on agreed deliverables in condensed timeframes. You hold people accountable and are unafraid to handle tough conversations.
- You are able to see your work in context of the company goals and make efficient financial and strategic decisions always with the company’s best interests at heart.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!