At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The Finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business.
About the candidate
As the finance teams duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies, there is a requirement for a Finance Manager to own our Finance Operations. We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication & negotiation skills.
What you'll do:
- The primary role of the Finance Manager – FinOps will be the ownership of our global transactional finance activities and month end close procedures.
- Working with the Shared Services function in Manila, and local Philippines and China teams, to ensure global month end deadlines are met
- Oversight and final review of finance operational activities including accounts payable, payroll, bank/treasury and month end transactions and reconciliations, delivered by the Shared Services function and the local FinOps team
- Support the coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team / direct reports (both locally and globally), supporting them in facilitation of their projects and identifying new hires as needed
- Determining the strategy and plan for scaling the FinOps team globally with the Shared Services Lead
- Working closely with the Corporate Accounting team to identify and implement new systems, processes and controls to support the scaling of the Finance Operations team
- Working with other finance teams such as Tax and Financial Reporting who have dependencies from the FinOps team
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider finance projects and strategic initiatives
What we look for:
- A keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver.
- Operating in a fast paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight.
- You have excellent communication and commercial skills and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement.
Also, we’d love it if you had…
- At least 6 years relevant professional experience, at least some of this in a commercial environment is a must
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Experience with recurring finance transactional activities, processes and month end activities is a must
- Advanced MS Excel
- Experience with cloud accounting systems such as Netsuite is a bonus
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience hiring, mentoring and development a team
- Experience working with team members based in different locations / countries
- Experience working in a technology led, high growth environment
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate candidates