At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporates, small businesses, non-profits and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to.
We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
As Canva continues on this exciting period of growth, there is now the need for a Shared Service OpEx Lead to help-out and take charge of the transactional bookkeeping and accounting duties as part of the Share Services function in Manila, supporting Global Canva Group. You will have experience with transactional bookkeeping and accounting in a commercial environment, high attention to detail, thrive on achieving target service levels and an aptitude for using systems and technology. You will work closely to support the Sydney head office finance team, directly reporting to the Shared Services Lead based in the Philippines with support from the Finance Manager (Manila).
We’re a fast-moving business so change is frequent and volumes will continue to grow, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands-on environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Review and approval of global transactional activities (including Accounts Payable, Bank, Fixed Assets) and establishing related quality control processes and improvements
- Fortnightly and monthly reporting on global operational expense activities including but not limited to vendor bill payments, corporate credit card, and travel expenses.
- Involvement in the processing of more complex transactional entries, including month-end journalsSupporting the fortnightly supplier payment run, month-end activities, and other cadences, dealing with related queries
- Helping to build out and manage the Manila Shared Services – OpEx team function, including onboarding of new employees
- Partner with the wider finance team and business units to achieve their objectives, working within the relevant metrics / SLAs of the Shared Services function and ensuring they are met with a high level of quality and done consistently.
- Assistance with other transactional and reporting including year-end audit activities where necessary
- Attitude: A keen eye for detail, you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver. Operating in a fast-paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, able to manage and share team workloads and meet deadlines with support. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a constant lens of customer service and continuous improvement.
Also, we’d love it if you had…
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- A CPA or equivalent accounting qualification is an advantage
- 5+ years knowledge and experience in transactional processing and related month-end processes and adjustments
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld is highly desirable, given a critical part of this role
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!