At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The Finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision Is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
The mission statement of the Planning & Reporting team is to be the guardians of the Canva 12 month rolling forecast and all financial reporting & associated processes. As the Canva business grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required. Reporting to the Planning & Reporting Manager (located in Sydney HQ) you will assist in the development and maintenance of financial information, analysis and reporting across the business.
What you'll do:
- Coordination of the forecasting and planning process utilising Canva’s forecasting tool, Adaptive Insights
- Be responsible for the team’s compliance of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. This includes collaborating with local finance teams (e.g. Finance Business Partners/Corporate Accounting) to ensure inputs are fed into the consolidated forecast for the Group
- Completion of centrally based forecasts e.g. Revenue/Cost of Sales/Central expenses etc.
- Collect and provide commentary on major variances to forecasts, budgets and prior month/year actual results
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance and refine models, dashboards, and analysis with the goal of helping them use our financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Establish new Ways of Working through continuous review & improvement of processes, such as automating time intensive steps
- Help to enforce financial controls within the organization, including assurance of financial integrity and accuracy around the monthly close process
- Become proficient in using the financial applications and systems (e.g. Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, etc.)
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience, at least some of this in a commercial environment is a must
- Strong forecasting skills with experience in handling and analysing complex, high volume data with excellent attention to detail
- Have experience &/or understanding of Adaptive Insights (forecasting system) / any another financial planning system
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience &/or understanding on Netsuite (ERP system)
- Possess outstanding analytical skills
- Strong critical eye for detail with an ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insight
- Hands on approach with a willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with team members
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, be proactive and able to deliver within agreed deadlines
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations