At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporates, small businesses, non-profits and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
The Finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The mission statement of the Planning & Reporting team is to be the guardians of the Canva 12 month rolling forecast and all financial reporting & associated processes.
As the Canva business grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required. There is now a need for a Finance Systems Analyst to assist with developing Canva’s forecasting tool & reporting requirements in-line with the business needs.
In this highly critical and visible role you will work closely with the Planning & Reporting Manager (located in Sydney HQ) to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the forecasting system and process to develop a forward looking 12-month rolling forecast. As part of the Planning & Reporting team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Learn from and work with some of Canva’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product & growth professionals.
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- The primary responsibility of the Finance Systems Analyst will be to implement, maintain & update the Adaptive Insights forecasting system at Canva. This includes:
- Live in our Adaptive Insights instance every day with the goal of transitioning as many of our models away from spreadsheets as possible
- Loading financial plans and implementation of budget and forecasting data into Adaptive Insights to support the forecasting process
- Building and maintaining sheets – including modeled and cube sheets for planning/reporting
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance and refine models, dashboards, and analysis with the goal of helping them use our financial and operational results to better understand company performance in Adaptive, NetSuite & Office Connect
- Traditional FP&A responsibilities such as assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, reporting out results, and acting as the analytical engine for Canva
- Provide a deep source of knowledge across both Canva’s ERP & Forecasting system (Netsuite/Adaptive Insights) including reconciliations between internal systems to maintain strong data integrity
- Working with our Data Analysts on importing non-financial data into the Adaptive Insights system
- Point person for bugs and issues found in the systems, working through the issues, fixing the issues and escalating if required
- Project manage and lead on change requests and customisations required by the business
- Proactively identify opportunities for change, process improvement, and system enhancements
- Provide training, mentoring & development of the broader Finance team in both Adaptive Insights & NetSuite
What we look for:
- Experience working with multidimensional databases, financial planning systems, definitely strong financial acumen and a keen eye for detail
- Strong background and expertise in the administration of Adaptive Insights; ideally worked with technology led organizations that are growing at pace
- Experience in financial accounting, reporting and/or processing and able to demonstrate a good understanding of the outputs from financial systems to meet reporting requirements
- Previous Netsuite experience – Scripting is a bonus!
- Experience of working with hybrid skills between Financial Planning and strong IT/Business Systems
Also we’d love it if you had:
- At least 4-5 years relevant professional experience, at least some of this in a commercial environment is a must
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with team members based in different locations/ countries
- Hands on approach with a willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with team members
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, be proactive and able to deliver within agreed deadlines.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati