At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to.
We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class. Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and vectors for our users to use in their designs. Vectors play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new vectors are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users.
As a Freelance Animator, you will...
- Produce animated assets in different styles with high technique and quality while meeting user needs
- Produce animated assets in line with the brief given by the creative lead
- Curate animated collections for current design trends
- Have illustration, animation, or graphic design experience (illustrator, graphic designer, animator, multimedia arts)
- Have a strong eye and passion for and experience creating illustrations and animated assets with style variation
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of illustration and animation (visual and technical style)
- Have online portfolio with animation and illustration samples
- Are skilled with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects (Adobe Animate is a plus)
- Are BIR-registered
- Have these equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferable) and high-speed internet