At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, Canva has millions of users worldwide. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love.
Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos for our users to use in their designs. Images play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new photos are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As a Photo Curator, your task is to ensure that these photos are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
What you'll do...
- Review and curate photos in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Evaluate images for overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines
- Curate content collections for current visual trends
- Maintain full understanding of expected deadlines and image preferences
We'd love it if you...
- Have photography, visual design, or photo editing experience (photographer, photo editor, multimedia arts, fine arts, communications design)
- Have a strong eye and passion for or experience working with photography and design
- Have a strong understanding of visual design fundamentals (branding, composition, color, and photography)
- Have a strong understanding of visual trends in design and photography
- Exceptional image selection skills
- Have proven ability to select highly relevant, impactful images with a modern aesthetic
- Have professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional photo content
- Are BIR-registeredE
- Have equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferrable) and high-speed internet
Quick tip: Send your CV along with your portfolio that would best highlight your photography skills!