At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and video, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
From videos to animated social media, the Video Template Design Squad empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful motion content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented motion artists that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.
About the Role
The Motion Designer role for Video Templates will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful video and animated templates for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how motion looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day.
We'd love it if you have...
- At least 4+ years experience as a brand, graphic or designer motion designer with a strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your talent and passion for design and effective executions.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design, movement, and editing
- Ability to think conceptually and also execute, being able to work from ideation to storyboarding, to design and animation
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief illustrators, animators and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!