* This is a 100% freelance/remote opportunity.
* Be a part of a fun team of individuals who are passionate about democratising design.
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customizable designs that empower users to create the content they need. Canva’s templates team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our template library.
About the project
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering a briefs. You’ll be creating a multitude of Canva assets including logos, posters, videos, presentations, Instagram stories, social media content (video and static), book covers, banners (video and static) and editorial content.
We’re interested in engaging designers for a 2-4 week initial period, with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular design work. Final designs will need to be submitted using Canva – all assets such as photos and illustrations will be provided by the Canva team. We will provide guidance and assistance on how to upload elements and create designs in our easy-to-use platform.
As a freelance Designer, you will:
- Ensure the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability
- Create unique concepts for beautiful templates on various themes and topics
- Create design assets such as illustrations and design elements to make the templates shine
- Suggest fresh design styles and creative directions that suit our users’ needs
Experience you'll need
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Has a strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- Designs with the end user’s needs in mind
- Delivers great designs, on deadline and to brief
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate