At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
One way we are working towards that goal is by creating communities on social media to support our users in all sorts of ways. We create and share content that will educate/inspire/entertain our audience on a daily basis. A great deal of that content is video content.
To keep up with this constant flow of video content, we are looking for a video editor that understands social media formats and requirements but also who can work fast and independently.
What you'll do...
- Edit social media videos in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Work with our community managers to produce various series of video content/shows, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines
- Create complementary graphic content such as titles, lower thirds, on screen animations, transitions to make the edits beautiful and dynamic
- Generate high quality screen recordings to capture the Canva UX or other necessary footage for the edits
- Create both 16:9 and 9:16 (vertical) videos
- Work with appropriate sound effects and music to add rhythm to the videos
- Create captions and subtitles whenever needed
- Deliver the video content on time and provide fast revisions when necessary
You'll love it if you...
- Have video editing and motion design experience (videographer, cinematographer, video editor, multimedia arts, motion designer, animator, communications design)
- Have worked with the latest version of the Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro 2020, After Effects 2020, Media Encoder 2020)ScrenFlow, Quicktime Player, OBS or similar software for high quality screen recordings
- Have a strong eye and passion for or experience working with videos or motion design
- Have experience working with sound (cleaning up audio, volume mixing, sound effects, synching video edits to a beat, music selection for video)
- Have a strong understanding of fundamentals of video and motion design (composition, color grading, focus, exposure, quality)
- Have a strong understanding of industry standards and visual trends in videography
- Have exceptional speed at video editing
- Have professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional video content edited.
- Are BIR-registered
- Have equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferrable) and high-speed internet
We'd love it if you have...
- Eye and passion for photography and design
- Ability to design creative thumbnails
- Canva skills