At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The Team and Role
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world. Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
Talent Acquisition is a core strategic driver of Canva’s success - we’ve hired some of the best people from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative talent acquisition team to make sure we’ve always discovering talent that will fuel Canva’s growth.
Canva and the Talent Acquisition team have huge growth plans over the next few years and you will pave the way for that exciting growth. You will build and scale a Global team ensuring that we have the right operating structure in areas such as Sourcing, Recruiting, Branding, Recruitment Operations & Analytics, University Programs.
What you'll do:
- Own and develop Canva’s Global talent acquisition strategy and operational execution.
- Lead the design, development and management of end to end talent acquisition practices including, but not limited to: Sourcing, Recruiting, Branding, Diversity & Inclusion, Recruitment Operations & Analytics, University Programs.
- Build out the global team and invest in developing and coaching individuals.
- Evolve the systems and processes to scale for Canva’s future needs.
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization, developing recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insights, drive decision making, and measure ROI.
- Provide market/industry/competitive intelligence and candidate insights to influence and shape talent and workforce decisions.
- Partner with HR teams to provide excellent strategic partnership and guidance, identify efficiencies and build strong operating systems on issues related to compensation, operations, on-boarding and the long-term success of candidates once they join Canva.
- Stay abreast of trends in the business market, technology, and science of recruiting, providing guidance, consulting, and expertise around future Canva programs and approaches.
What we're looking for:
- Prior track record of successfully building, inspiring and managing a large-scale global recruiting function for a high-growth company.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of management experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and people leadership skills.
- Innovative, creative problem-solving mindset, with the ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-changing and highly collaborative environment.
- Understanding of the complex legal, compliance, and cultural issues involved in recruiting across the globe.
- Ability to demonstrate end results and benefits of recruiting efforts.
- Courage and urgency in making decisions and driving results.
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving, matrixed environment and deal constructively with change and ambiguity.
- High level of personal integrity, resilience, and energy.
- Opportunity to be part of one of the world’s fastest-growing tech companies.
- Your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Equity in one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balanceIn-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- In-house Gym.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.