At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
As Global Head of Paid Acquisition, you will play a critical executive-level leadership role across our brand and performance media buying teams as well as our advertising creative teams. Performance, Mobile & Brand Marketing plays a leading role in helping people around the world discover Canva’s products. Through the implementation of paid advertising measurement foundations, high-tempo creative and channel scaling and rigorous ROI measurement the Paid Acquisition Teams have achieved more than 100X user growth in several channels across markets all over the world.
But with an audacious goal to establish Canva’s brand as the must-have Design tool Globally, the function will require a sizeable increase in support, resources, bandwidth and an ever-adapting strategy.
The Global Head of Paid Acquisition will lead and scale both world-class performance and brand media buying team and creative team, setting a high bar and empowering them to achieve incredible results.
- You will formulate and champion the strategy to achieve Canva’s business targets and brand goals through customer-focused and data-driven marketing campaigns across all paid acquisition channels (search, display, paid social, video, mobile, sponsored content, affiliates and ATL)
- You will galvanize and empower the efforts of your teams, providing direction, mentorship and coaching.
- You will hire and develop extraordinary marketers, mobilizing them to execute on your vision while positioning them to achieve their ambitious professional development goals.
- You will continually build on the foundation for user and team growth through the development of repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks.
- You will work with C-suite, marketing, finance, data, and product leads to unblock dependencies, uncover new insights and opportunities for cross-team collaboration.
What we're looking for:
- You have 10+ years experience as a marketing leader who has successfully delivered international growth results across paid acquisition channels.
- You have a track record of scaling and developing large, high-performing and happy marketing teams across multiple markets achieve challenging targets and standards.
- You can drive business outcomes with experience working with in-house media buying and creative teams on world-class creative executions and maximizing impact in new channels.
- You possess keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- You are fluent with attribution model discussions, direct response and brand metrics.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material.
- An energy giver with a positive outlook and the ability to influence your team leads, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- A natural team player, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- A strategic leader with deep understanding of how to balance the goal of rapid growth of brand awareness with an emphasis on driving positive ROI from a highly-optimised mid-low funnel.
What you'll accomplish:
- The ability to work on massive spend levels with a significant breadth of channels, awesome complexity of operation (brand + performance; mobile + desktop; consumer + B2B; massive and varied TAM)
- Best-in-class creative production & testing
- Establishing an appropriate attribution model to achieve our goals
- Doing Brand advertising in an ROI-driven way
- Team development and managing through managers
- Strong seat at the exec table and ability to lead through influence
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world’s fastest growing companies
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates