At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled graphic designer to join our Performance Marketing team, working closely alongside our internal Creative team to help produce and launch creatives for our paid marketing channels.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’ll have experience in all aspects of paid social advertising from ideation, planning, and designing.
About the Role
The Graphic Designer role for Performance Marketing will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging ad creatives for our various paid marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how performance marketing looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns and the freedom to influence design direction.
We'd love it if you have...
- 1-2+ years experience as a graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for graphic design, branding and advertising.
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- A working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Quick tip: Send your CV along with your portfolio that would best highlight your graphic design work!