The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and teams that get us there.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations. Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users.
About the team
The Canva Apps teams develop the strategy and roadmap for empowering millions of developers around the world to build apps onto Canva’s platform. We are about to launch the BETA version of our open platform to the world - so we’re still very much in the 0-1 phase of this product. As this is a marketplace, we have both the demand and supply sides to worry about -- where the demand side is Canva’s users (mostly beginner-intermediate designers across all industries) and the supply side is the world’s developers.
We do everything from building new apps and integrations ourselves to test new versions of our APIs and deliver value to our users, to building simple and accessible developer portals for devs around the world to onboard onto our platform and get building themselves.
We do all of this with the goal of building a moat around Canva and making it the stickiest design platform on the planet.
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of Canva Apps. How will monetisation work? Which apps do users want the most? What APIs should we open up next? ? It’s all you!
- Serve as the domain expert on apps and integrations at Canva. You will understand the complete platform landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Canva incentivise developers in a way that ensures they build the best apps possible for our users?’
- Work as the product owner alongside a passionate, cross-functional team of engineers, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver these new features to our millions of users and developers
- Build relationships with key strategic integration partners, as well as seek to build new ones that unlock growth for Canva and our users
- You will craft a strong user experience to give a flawless integration experience for our users
- Develop a product hiring plan alongside the GM of Canva Apps to ensure we scale out the team in a way that sets us up for huge growth
- Onboard, mentor and develop new product managers as they enter the Canva Apps group
- Set crazy big goals for your teams, and regularly hit them!
- Work with the team to launch general availability of Canva Apps – including a big press launch that ensures we get lots of amazing developers and apps built onto Canva
- Settle in, learn the Apps landscape at Canva and help the team to execute on one new product project from the current roadmap (first 3 months)
- Research and define the Canva Apps roadmap for next 2 seasons (first season / 3 months) alongside the GM of Canva Apps and the wider team
- Develop a plan for monetising Canva apps & incentivising developers to build onto our platform, alongside the Canva Pro + Canva Enterprise teams.
- Strong experience as a product manager of a software product, with platform or integrations experience a huge plus.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions – and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Have experience mentoring Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- Really strong UX skill set. Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- A strong communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions.