At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
As part of the Email and Messaging Team and wider Product Growth Group you will play a significant role in helping improve Canva’s user journey.
The messaging team is fairly established at Canva, and this role will be key in optimising and scaling our existing campaigns to further drive growth, as well as identifying new opportunities for Email and Messaging to have impact. The team works cross-functionally with i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s activation, retention and revenue channels.
The role will involve understanding email IP reputation, email segmentation, email copywriting and A|B testing. You will be responsible for execution and delivering growth outcomes and will play a crucial role in Canva’s activation and retention goals.
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term scalability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for people who love and are passionate about email and mobile messaging and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
The successful candidate thrives on challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from experiment to experiment without losing enthusiasm. They also enjoy working with cross-functional teams and launching campaigns in uncharted waters; putting their own stamp on Canva’s revenue and retention metrics.
What you'll do:
- Optimise the performance of Email and Messaging at Canva and maximise the impact these channels have on Canva’s Revenue, Retention and Activation.
- Contribute to Canva’s retention and revenue strategies through onboarding sequences, email newsletters and upsell campaigns.
- Ensure all emails and mobile messaging is on-brand and maintain below average unsubscribe rates, abuse rates and other negative indicators.
- Conduct data analysis, hypothesise outcomes, develop optimisation strategy and roadmap projects.
- Run, manage and optimise A/B and multivariate tests.
- Coordinate with many stakeholders at Canva of various backgrounds including engineers, translators, SEO specialists, designers, copywriters etc to define best practices and strategy.
- Involvement with other marketing and growth activities as needed.
- Create and communicate weekly reports on the performance and impact of emails and mobile messaging.
- Understanding users and the use of email and mobile in the context of the market, platform and demographics.
What we're looking for:
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.A self leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance moving fast and depth of analysis. You know what needs to be analysed and what doesn’t.
- You have a good understanding of email IP reputation and maintenance.
- You understand the components of an effective and compelling email, including:email copy, email design (e.g. visual hierarchy), subject lines, Pre-headers, CTAs.
- You are able to build emails as well as develop an overall email strategy that includes:Audience segmentation based on behaviours and profiles, Email campaigns and email drips, Email timing.
- You understand how push and In-app messages work and are able to build them out.
- You know how to prioritise and conduct A|B or multivariate testing to improve email engagement rates but you also analyse email performance based off it’s impact on activation, retention and revenue goals.
- Great ability to communicate data into relevant insight. You know how to tell a story, with a beginning and a conclusion from the data.
- Significant experience running emails, ideally in a startup environment.
- You are up to date on the latest messaging technologies such as AMP for emails and Push Stories.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates