At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone, and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory – we're out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world's fastest-growing technology companies, and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
QA Engineers’ mission at Canva is to ensure that the team they’re working with are always thinking about quality while working on their big goals. We believe quality is something that should be checked continuously throughout the process, not just at the end.
QA engineers at Canva are embedded in a product group with multiple teams, and work closely with product managers, designers and software engineers, to ensure that we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. Some of the day to day responsibilities are improving or setting up different quality activities during the development cycle, using data to prioritise and advocate for issues, working with engineers to write unit, integration, and end to end tests, and identifying risks with product releases. As the head of this specialty you will be working to set scalable strategies in the team and create an environment for QA engineers to thrive.
- Be responsible for growing and developing the QA division at Canva, bringing on board world-class talent and nurturing the progression of current members within the team
- Build out and scale the QA process to suit Canva’s growing requirements
- Coaching the QA engineering team on quality assistance and testing
- Stakeholder management across engineering leads, product managers and group heads
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities to key stakeholders
- Ensuring a consistent application of the quality process across the different areas of the Canva product
- Think ahead and build for the future as opposed to band-aid fixes for today – balancing the “getting things done” part of the job with long-term future-proofing of Canva’s QA process.
Required Skills & Experience
- A hands-on QA background with ideally five or more (5+) years in QA leadership
- Experience with agile development styles and finding scalable solutions to fit in to team processes
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual
- Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping a company’s QA processes and strategies
- A focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools and test techniques
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly
- You have experience working with engineers, and have a decent understanding of web tech stacks (backend, frontend, and everything in between).
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- On-site gym; Yoga Membership
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events