At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 850 million designs (that’s 20 designs created every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
About the Team
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world. We're looking for an experienced Business Partner to join our growing team in Manila.
About the role
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with our People team, team leads and people to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop & launch programs to support all Canvanauts to be successful.You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting our teams and individuals to succeed. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
What you'll be doing
- Work alongside our HR Team in driving continuous improvement for existing HR processes and policies, and ensure that Canva Manila’s HR foundations are seamlessly up and running
- Help build a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, goal-driven organisation design etc. while contributing your unique insights from an HR perspective
- You will partner with one of the biggest specialties at Canva which is the Design team and will be working closely with other specialties like Engineering, Product, Growth, and Customer Support.
- Support our speciality leads to develop and roll out programs to help with hiring, onboarding, individual and team growth & development, designing and delivering learning programs, performance and HR issues.
- Drive high performance within the specialty, proactively driving strategies to increase engagement and retention.
- Identify problems and opportunities for specialties, and work with our broader People team to leverage the available resources, help prioritise and plan our People roadmap, and fill the gaps with immediate short-term solutions
- Helping move along and drive People initiatives across our specialities, and developing strong relationships
- Guide and coach leaders on the full gamut of HR issues (hiring and talent planning, performance management, compensation & rewards etc.)
- Work closely with the founders and leadership team to gain a deep understanding of business goals and priorities, and ensuring that we have the right talent in place to achieve them
- Ensuring there is integration across the People team, business, team and speciality leadership, and feeding back speciality needs and challenges
- Handle sensitive issues and be a trusted advisor/support within a speciality
Who you'll be:
- 8+ years experience in Business Partnering in the Design, Technology, Shared Services, Telco, startups, or a similar industry with a passion for developing great people and organisations.
- You have a solid understanding and experience in the different functions and foundations of Human Resources especially in Organisation Development, Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition, you will get a plus if you have knowledge in Compensation & Benefits.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Data driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact.
- Some prior experience in technology, design, or customer support is critical — you can talk the talk with product managers, engineers, designers and growth marketers.
- You have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve supporting someone with parental leave questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a new onboarding program
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, specialty leads, teams, and our People team functions (Team Happiness, Talent Acquisition, Canva University, Coaching, Vibe etc.)
- Able to clearly communicate to People team functions the needs and wants of the specialty you are working while recognising the overall strategic values of the people team.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!