At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we're out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 18 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 800 million designs.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join the People Group and to be part of our growth trajectory. The People Group’s mission is to make Canva the most effective and engaged organisation in the world. You will work closely with different teams and supporting different initiatives of the business as Canva continue it's rapid growth.
Chef-cooked lunches everyday and a beautiful office space are great, however we have boiled our culture down to one key factor: amazing people. What’s our secret sauce? Simply a group of passionate people all working together to help each other and the company succeed. You’ll be joining Team Happiness, which is responsible for fostering an amazing workplace and culture that empowers everyone to do their best work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces to help you do great work. At Canva, you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, and building a product that users really love. Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
What you'll be doing:
- Work alongside our HR Team in driving continuous improvement for existing HR processes and policies, and ensure that Canva Manila’s HR foundations are seamlessly up and running.
- Helping build a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, goal-driven organisation design etc. while contributing your unique insights from an HR perspective.
- Partner with our internal functions such as engineering, design, product, growth, or customer support to support the development and growth of the speciality.
- Support our speciality leads to develop and roll out programs to help with hiring, on-boarding, team development, designing and delivering learning programs, individual growth and development, performance and HR issues.
- Drive high performance within the specialty, proactively driving strategies to increase engagement and retention.
- Identify problems and opportunities for specialities, and work with our broader People team to leverage the available resources, help prioritise and plan our People roadmap, and fill the gap with immediate short-term solutions.
- Helping move along and drive People initiatives across our specialities, and developing strong relationships.
- Guide and coach leaders on the full gamut of HR issues (hiring and talent planning, performance management, compensation & rewards etc.).
- Work closely with the founders and leadership team to gain a deep understanding of business goals and priorities, and ensuring that we have the right talent in place to achieve them.
- Ensuring there is integration across the People team, business, team and speciality leadership, and feeding back speciality needs and challenges.
- Handle sensitive issues and be a trusted advisor/support within a speciality .
Who you'll be:
- 5+ years experience as Business Partner in the technology, shared service, telco, BPO, startup, or a similar industry.
- You have a solid understanding of and experience in the various functions, frameworks, and foundations of Human Resources or People Development .
- You are a true stand out if you’ve pursued education in psychology, business management, organisational development, and the like.
- You may come from a range of different backgrounds, including consulting, psychology, finance, business or law, but have a passion for developing great people and organisations.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Data driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact .
- Some prior experience in technology, design, or customer support is critical — you can talk the talk with product managers, engineers, designers and growth marketers.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right.
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve supporting someone with parental leave questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a new on-boarding program.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, speciality leads, teams, and our People team functions (Team Happiness, Talent Acquisition, Canva University, Coaching, Vibe etc.).
- Be able to clearly communicate to People team functions the needs and wants of the specialty you are working while recognising the overall strategic values of the people team.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!