At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since our launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 18 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 800 million designs.
We are looking for a Senior Global HR Operations Specialist to join the People Group and to be part of our growth trajectory. The People Group’s mission is to make Canva the most effective and engaged organisation in the world. You will work closely with different teams and supporting different initiatives of the business as Canva continue it's rapid growth.
Chef-cooked lunches everyday and a beautiful office space are great, however we have boiled our culture down to one key factor: amazing people. What’s our secret sauce? Simply a group of passionate people all working together to help each other and the company succeed. You’ll be joining Team Happiness, which is responsible for fostering an amazing workplace and culture that empowers everyone to do their best work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces to help you do great work. At Canva, you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, and building a product that users really love. Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
As our Global HR Operations Specialist, you will:
- Drive operational performance and service excellence within the HR Shared Service function, and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide advice and support to our employees from pre-employment through to offboarding.
- Initiate employee onboarding and coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success.
- Ensure employee data is up to date, accurate and compliant within our HR system, BambooHR, and Payroll system.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with great discretion.
- Generate and analyse a variety of employee information and reports and draw useful insights and offer recommendations.
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with others to resolve employee queries.
- Maintain our centralised knowledge base within our employee portal, updating and improving our HR pages to keep information up to date and relevant and helping our employees help themselves.
- Assist with policy interpretation and advice.
- Support a wide range of people projects that make Canva a great place to work. Work with our Sydney and Beijing teams to ensure alignment across our offices.
- Work with our Sydney and Manila teams to ensure alignment across our offices.
- At least 5 years experience in HR operations work, preferably exposed to common HR tools and have worked in multi-vertical/department companies
- Degree in Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Economics or other relevant fields.
- Experience working in an HR Shared Service function (HR Administration or HRIS Support) that caters to other regions such as the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills, includes functions but not limited to: Lookup functions, IF functions/analysis, standard deviation, etc.
- Familiarity with managing an HRIS such as BambooHR, Namely, Workday.
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Highly organised, detail oriented, and able to deliver timely results and in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused and collaborative. Key to this role is the ability to listen, prioritise, and deliver accurate and speedy results.
- Able to confidently work with various stakeholders to get things done, and maintain employee confidentiality, and data integrity and security.
- Innate ability to learn new technologies, processes and approaches.
- Have energy, commitment and a positive, proactive approach to work.
- Must have GRIT.
- Experience dealing with employee relocation and visa approvals.
- Familiarity with local laws of the Philippines and Australia.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati!