At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 400 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
Canva’s Marketplace team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library that offers our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our element library.
What you'll do...
- Work with direction from Creative Director to make creative briefs for weekly production
- Researching relevant content and styles and apply that research to creative briefs
- Proof weekly element production
- Regular calibration sessions with vector reviewers
- Low-level QA of vector review
- Create weekly reports and trends in review
- Inhouse content creation
The Illustrator that we’re looking for...
- Has an eye for current aesthetic trends, and understands how popular culture works and shapes society’s visual language;
- Has a strong stylistic approach. Beyond trends, the Illustrator should have a strong foundation in what makes a good illustration or animation, based on design principles and elements;
- Understands user thinking and interaction to improve usability;
- Efficiently delivers output, maintains cadences, if not streamlining processes.
- Direct visual improvement and establish the quality bar high for the team
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
You’ll love this role if / Skills experience required...
- You have a strong understanding of what makes a good illustration or animation based on design fundamentals, principles, and elements;
- You have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends;
- You have a strong understanding of the importance of usability of illustrations or animations in a design;
- You have a passion for developing and streamlining processes;
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborative working environments
- You have an enthusiasm to lead and encourage creative processes within a team
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations