At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
What you'll do...
- Briefing and creation of new Illustrations for Enterprise features, including Permissions and Content Management
- Product illustrations for experiments, particularly for Pro growth experiments
- Product illustrations for new products, particularly for App Store, Marketplace, Scheduler, Print, Partnerships and Video
- Product illustrations for Canva’s Help homepage
- Run design bootcamps in Manila to train and empower the Canva team to use the product and create amazing designs
- Active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions
- Liaise with other teams internally to align on product guidelines
You'll love this if you have...
- 2+ years experience as a Graphic/Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Effective group facilitator who enjoys teaching design, running design bootcamps, and empowering others to be great designers
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
We'd love it if you have...
- Experience in CSS & HTML and after effects (is a plus but not required)
- Animation experience
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations