At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. Our application is used by millions of users all over the world, in over 100 languages. Stable, scalable, well-maintained systems are the foundation of our development and design processes and we want to bring that same thirst for excellence into our company technology operations.
Currently, in our Sydney HQ, we have over 400 people over 6 floors, conference rooms, multi-use presentation spaces, and cafeteria. Globally, we’re over 600 people. Thus, ensuring our IT infrastructure continues to serve the needs of our team is essential to our goals and vision as a company.
We’re seeking to welcome an experienced systems engineer to the team to help the company grow from hundreds to thousands globally. We want to hire a strong communicator with a focus on customer service and automation - automating the repetitive bits to make Canva’s operations more efficient, starting with rolling out a device and asset management system across our four (4) offices.
It would be ideal for someone who enjoys taking full ownership of projects and improvements while being able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. The successful applicant will be taking an active role in improving our internal systems, business-facing applications, and hardware and device fleet management.
- Delivery and ownership of Canva’s global fleet/hardware management solution
- Management of relevant services and business-facing platforms (GSuite products, GitHub, JIRA, Okta, etc) and configuration of security policies
- Management of networking and communications technology – wireless and wired networks, video conferencing solutions, and related applications
- Advise the business, while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
- Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritisation
- Manage relationships with vendors and integration partners
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, etc
Required skills and experience
- Five or more (5+) years of relevant experience in IT operations and system administration within Linux and/or MacOS environments and with a strong understanding of networking
- Previous experience implementing a large-scale asset management system across multiple locations
- Proficient scripting ability in Python or Bash
- Experience maintaining asset management systems, BYOD, MDM, and related security services and protocols
- Experience maintaining internal / business-facing cloud-based applications and services
- Excellent verbal communication and written documentation skills
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours – we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- On-site Gym; Yoga Membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations