At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
About the team
Our Template Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, our goal is to build the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content.
We need the help of talented Art Directors to help bring exciting campaigns and projects to life, execute beautifully designed and usable templates for social media, print, and branding designs.
Joining our design team means you contribute to empowering everyone to create beautiful and usable designs right at their fingertips.
Check out what the Manila templates team has done the past few months here!
About the Role
As a Junior Designer, you will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful templates for our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the excitement of learning hands on with a collaborative team, and the chance to create designs used by thousands every day.
We need someone who is passionate about beginning their design career at one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the world - eager to grow and learn, and excited to work alongside a global team of talented designers.
What you'll do...
- Work with our template designers and assisting the team in creating and delivering template design projects and campaigns
- Recreate client’s templates in Canva for them to use
- Contribute to design research, and learn how to create strong and effective mood boards and briefs
- Create high-quality designs and templates that are tailored to and curated to campaigns and project briefs
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
We'd love it if you have...
- 1+ years experience as a Junior Designer, Artworker, or Mac Operator;
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs;
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- The ability to manage your time well to help the team hit deadlines;
- A great attitude to constructive criticism, and an eagerness to learn;
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude, and a passion for design.
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Quick tip: Send your CV along with your portfolio that would best highlight your graphic design works!