At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporates, small businesses, non-profits and educators work all over the world. Through this democratization of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class.
There is now the need for a Junior Treasury Accountant to help-out and take charge of the bank-related transactional bookkeeping and accounting duties as part of the Share Services function in Manila, supporting Australia. You will have experience with transactional bookkeeping and accounting in a commercial environment, high attention to detail, thrive on achieving target service levels and an aptitude for using systems and technology. You will work closely to support the Sydney head office finance team, directly reporting to the Shared Services Team Lead based in the Philippines.
We’re a fast-moving business so change is frequent and volumes will continue to grow, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands-on environment and have excellent communication skills.
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders - that is protecting the organization from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams and supporting their goals and building a world-class finance team.
If you're a passionate accounting professional seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies - then we’d love to have you in our team!
- Reporting to the Shared Services Treasury Accountant, the core responsibilities of the role include:to the Shared Services Treasury Accountant, the core responsibilities of the role include:
- Manages daily cash process, reviews all cash management transactions and resolves all cash management issues.
- Timely reconciliations of Group’s bank accounts with general ledger. This will involve reconciliation of critical bank accounts on a daily basis, accounts with cyclical activity on a fortnightly basis and reconciliation of all other low risk accounts at month end with assistance from other team members.
- Communicate all receipts, payment bounce backs or irregular transactions to the relevant stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations on all treasury related accounts such as suspense, payment clearing and bank charges.
- Assisting with any transaction or balance queries requested by auditors or the finance team.
- Assist with credit card transactions and other ad hoc transactional and reporting activities within the shared services team
- You have a keen eye for detail, you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence in the services you deliver. Operating in a fast-paced environment, you are able to adapt quickly; able to manage team workloads and meet deadlines with support.
- Your excellent communication skills and approach to tasks with a constant lens of customer service and continuous improvement will be your key to success in this role.
Also, we’d love it if you have:
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 1-3 years knowledge and experience in transactional processing and related month-end processes
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld is highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organized with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati