At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 25 million users across 180 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs (that’s eight designs created in its apps every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
The mission of Canva’s People team is to build the most effective and engaged company in the world.
Started in May 2018, Canva University has already launched a huge range of programs to support the skills people need to be effective - from specialty learning, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, leadership, and personal development.
As part of the team, you’ll be partnering closely with our stakeholders to solve our trickiest learning and development problems. We are a small but fast paced team with a true passion for learning. You can often find us putting our own teachings into practice by geeking out on the latest TED talks, sharing learnings with our super star peers over a coffee, learning about coding, and getting design lessons to bring the same Canva design aesthetic to our internal learners. We’re looking forward to growing the team with someone who can bring fresh, creative ideas so we can build the most innovative University around.
What you'll do...
- Apply your learning and instructional design expertise to craft compelling, learner centric and scalable learning curriculum, courseware, content and tools across our existing and upcoming programs of work
- Get creative with developing online learning content and resources, including audio recordings, filmings, blogs/articles, slide decks / documents (through the Google suite and the Canva app, until we implement an LMS) to complement our programs
- Identify, track and analyse key metrics, and provide recommendations to constantly improve the learning and program experience
- Facilitate workshops and group sessions
- Own and manage a selection of Canva University’s learning programs ensuring everyone is on track and that learning assets are built within the required timeframes
- Upskill our internal facilitators and coaches
- Build and maintain relationships with our internal stakeholders in order to elicit and develop learning content
- Identify issues, challenges and learning needs, proactively addressing these to improve the program and learning experience
- Innovate to find operational efficiencies and improvements
What we're looking for..
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- You have deep expertise in Instructional design and delivery, with a focus on learner centric design.
- You have deep project management skills and proven experience delivering large or complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and moving parts.
- You have a passion for execution and seeing projects through end to end.
- You have proven experience building relationships with stakeholders quickly in order to deliver a seamless end product.
- You have proven stakeholder engagement and management skills and ability to keep everyone on track and accountable.
- You bring strong facilitation and group coaching skills.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team event