London, England, United Kingdom – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Flourish is the world’s leading data storytelling platform. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics and interactive stories without coding. Since its launch in 2018, more than 750,000 registered users have produced around 10 million graphics, which have racked up more than 20 billion views. Our customers range from leading newsrooms and corporations to NGOs, universities and government departments all over the world.
Flourish was recently acquired by Canva to empower the world to tell stories with data. Our team, mostly based in London, will continue growing Flourish as a separate product while also adding more data storytelling features natively in Canva.
What you'll do
• You will be part of the Ops team, reporting to our information security manager.
• You will help to update and improve the information security management system, including (but not limited to): ensuring that emerging rules and guidelines are properly documented, when required, managing risks (using a risk assessment tool), regularly liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure feedback is collated, recorded and actioned, as needed.
• You will support our information security manager in coordinating internal and external compliance audits and help to record and monitor post-audit actions through to completion.
• You will help to support company information security awareness initiatives by informing and advising the team about their responsibilities relating to general security and common security frameworks (i.e. ISO 27001, GDPR).
• You will actively support customer security information requests, which will involve working closely with the Customer Success and Sales teams and responding in a timely manner.
What we're looking for
• You are a proactive self-starter with excellent communication and organization skills, who has the capability and confidence to contribute ideas and work on your own initiative.
• You are passionate about information security and are keen to apply and expand your knowledge in a compliance role.
• You will have a good general understanding of technology, however, this is not a technical position.
• You are excited by the prospect of working in an ambitious, product-oriented team.
• You have strong written and verbal team communication skills
• You are patient organised and detail-oriented
• You have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team
• You are excited by Flourish and its mission
Skills and experience
• Ideally some prior experience in an information security GRC position
• BSc/MSc Computer Science or IT-related academic qualification (with cyber/information security modules) OR equivalent work experience
• Strong knowledge of ISO 27001 (through formal training or otherwise)
• Strong general knowledge of information security terminology and processes
•Working knowledge of data protection and GDPR
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
• Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
• Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
• Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
• Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.