Manila, Philippines – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
The Copywriting Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to build the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: its content. You'll be working closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio consisting of Art Directors, Copywriters, and Designers in charge of the many template campaigns that the product has to offer. This is an opportunity to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable content for our users.
About the group
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and copy, to give them a clear understanding of how best they can use our customizable templates and elements.
To support this goal, we are looking for a content specialist who will work closely with copywriters both in-house and offsite. The role of a Content Specialist is to help our talented copywriters add more value to our designs with beautifully crafted copy - delivered on time.
A Content Specialist’s mission will be to coordinate our copywriting processes, as well as review copy weekly, improve existing copy, and support all arms of the copy creation workflow. This person will hit these goals through close collaboration with our broader Presentations product team.
This is a rare opportunity for copywriters looking for the next step in their career, or for experienced copy editors looking to take their craft to a product platform.
Our Templates team
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Template Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.