As a Motion Designer at Canva you will have the opportunity to work at one of the fastest-growing companies in the world and shape the content that promotes and enriches it.
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”. To do that, we need to hold a megaphone to our brand and become best-in-class creators across every marketing channel. With a fully-stacked internal creative team, you’ll get more work made in a month than you would in three years at an agency.
As a Motion Designer at Canva, it’s your mission to create content that makes complex things simple and to give ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. This could include motion design for social advertising, display, branding campaigns, EDMs, landing pages and more.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 34 million monthly users in over 190 different countries. Join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the group and team
The Creative Team’s mission is to “Make Canva the most-loved brand in the world through world-class creative executions”. With an internal creative team, we do this through producing work that we are proud of whilst moving the needle on brand awareness and other important business outcomes.
Our team strikes a balance between testing, iterating and taking creative risks. In the next 12 months we have produced TVCs for the USA, several major YouTube campaigns and countless performance marketing executions. We will be scaling our media spend and creative production to become a household name in America, and the world.
Within the Marketing and Engagement Group sit multiple teams the Motion Designer may work alongside. Including the Performance Marketing, Community, Brand Studio, Messaging Platform and .
About the Role
The Motion Designer role for the Creative Team will be part of our fast-paced in-house creative team and will be responsible for bringing Canva’s brand and product to life in engaging video and static ads for our various paid marketing channels. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how motion looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaign assets and the freedom to influence design direction.
What you'll be doing ...
- Produce flawless animations, videos, motion graphics and, from time-to-time, static assets for Canva’s paid acquisition campaigns
- Create and manipulate a diverse range of content (digital and motion) that brings Canva to life through exciting creative executions
- Collaborate with a team of senior designers, videographers, copywriters and performance marketers to publish lots of content at pace
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions
Experience you'll need
- At least 3+ years experience as a motion designer with a strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your talent and passion for design and effective executions.
- Ability to think conceptually and also execute, being able to work from ideation to storyboarding, to design and animation
- Fluency in AE, Illustrator and Photoshop with a robust sense of animation timing and rhythm.
- Technical experience with HTML5 is beneficial but not essential
- Be able to animate 2D designs as part of a team (knowledge of 3D is a plus)
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- An intense interest in the performance of your work and appetite to apply learnings from marketing metrics to future work
You'll love this role if
- Collaboration is your middle name: you believe ideas can come from anywhere, and they can always be made better
- You work well under pressure and meet the deadlines that you or others set
- You are keen to push creative boundaries and learn from the performance results of your work