At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and video, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled Motion Designer to join our Performance Marketing team, working closely alongside our internal creative team to help coordinate campaign shoots for our paid marketing channels, and create moving user stories from around the globe.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’ll have experience in all aspects of video from ideation, planning, filming and editing.
About the Role
The Motion Designer role for Performance Marketing will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging video ads for our various paid marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how motion looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns and the freedom to influence design direction.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with the Performance Marketing Team to produce engaging paid motion design video ads in different media platforms (mobile, web, etc.) to be launched globally
- Design and create engaging product demos using motion design that inspire surprise and delight to you audience
- Produce high-quality and on trend content for each campaign
- Maintain and follow best practices for ad creative optimisation and file handling and management
We'd love it if you have...
- 2-5+ years experience as a Motion Designer creating a diverse range of video and animated assets – but we’re open to look at fresh graduates with a strong portfolio!
- Basic trimming of footage to support actual motion design
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design, movement, and editing
- The confidence to try new things, bring in new ideas and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best motion design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and work on multiple revisions quickly depending on the campaign needs.
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers!
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations