New Zealand – Full-time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design specialty is to ‘show the future’. As designers, we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary – by visualising and reinventing the future of design for our users.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution.
Our product designers conduct research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaborating with our engineers to ship phenomenal products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, data analysis, wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the Design Automation team
The Design Automation team is on a mission to make Canva the fastest and easiest design tool in the world! We are part of a larger group, tasked with looking after the overall editing experience on every device.
We’re motivated to create ‘magical’ experiences for users and to do this well we need to deeply understand who we’re designing for. As such, data science and user research is a huge part of our team’s focus.
Much of our work is exploratory and forward-thinking – and our focus is not limited to a specific set of features or a particular product area. Our insights and discoveries often lead us to pursue projects that support other teams and groups. Curiosity, communication and collaboration are therefore critical to our team’s success.
We are looking for someone who can solve complex problems with a systematic approach in a fast-paced environment. Working within a cross-functional team you’ll be collaborating to deliver new products that will have a large-scale impact on Canva and end-users.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.