At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business.
About the candidate
As the finance team’s duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies, there is now a requirement for a dedicated Payroll Manager to oversee the accuracy of employee remuneration, provide insight and analysis into compensation costs, and help to scale the payroll function globally.
The primary role of the Payroll Manager will be to own the end-to-end payroll process, activities and compliance.
The role will also be able to understand compensation trends and perform people costs analysis, supporting the People teams as a Payroll Business Partner, and helping to scale the payroll function globally, including identifying process improvements and systems automation.
Having solid experience with Australian payroll and employee benefits and records in a commercial environment is an essential part of the role, but most of all strong attention to detail and an aptitude for using systems and technology.
We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Process Fortnightly, bi-monthly, and monthly payroll for Australia, US, and Germany respectively, including super and payroll tax requirements, workers compensation etc.
- Overseeing changes to employee information and contracts
- Induction of new employees to the Canva payroll and expense reimbursement process, allowances and benefits, answering remuneration related queries from employees
- Educate employees on payroll changes and new policies
- Preparation of employee costings and financial information, providing analysis and insights on people related costs
- Be the business partner for People Teams (Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness), focusing on cost analysis and reporting of employee related costs
- Identifying areas for process improvement and working closely with the People Team on improving the employee payroll experience and system automation
- Other ad-hoc activities, analysis and project work as required
What we are looking for:
- At least 3+ years of relevant payroll experience
- Previous knowledge and experience with payroll processing activities is a must
- Understanding of payroll compliance and comprehensive knowledge of Australian state and industry legislation
- Experience with cloud-based payroll platforms and accounting systems such as Netsuite is a bonus
- Analysis skills and the ability to understand costs, trends and provide insights
- Experience in business partnering is a bonus
- Advanced Excel desirable
- A keen eye for detail
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills – delivering a great service to all levels of employees
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Access to Inhouse gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations