Product Design at Canva
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the group and team
The teams group is building the design product that empowers every boardroom, classroom and meeting room to design.
Growing teams has become a new critical goal this year at the entire company level. Our group is doubling down on doing a wide range of growth experiments and new product initiatives to drive the team growth.
Through doing this we are also building an Enterprise business which already has 80% of fortune 1000 customers onboard, as well as a whole new Education product which already has 5M MAUs and is still growing everyday.
We are early on in our journey to make Canva the household name for teams, and there is a whole lot more to do to achieve our vision and so we are looking for a product designer to join us at this early stage and help propel us towards our vision.
Goals of the role
- Growing our engaged pool of free and paid teams
- Improve team onboarding experience to boost team creation and activation
- Identify new features / experiments to improve team collaboration and ensure users in teams receive ongoing value
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users. You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.