A little bit about Canva China
Canva’s mission has been to empower the world to design, and in late 2017 we set out to bring the world’s most loved design tool to the world’s largest internet market, China. We were thrilled to have launched our China web and mobile product in August 2018, with thousands of users are signing up to Canva China each day. We’re now a team of over 20 people in Beijing, spanning from engineering, growth, design and operations, and are supported by a web, mobile and user experience team in our Sydney Headquarters.
We are looking for a dedicated China Product Manager to join our office to launch our next products and features for the China market, alongside with our R&D team.
Product @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations. Every day is a different challenge—one day you might be in a room full of product designers preparing research and UX flows, the next you’ll be leading go-to-market efforts in collaboration with founders and other teams.
What you'll be doing
- Build out strategy, requirements and road mapping of core China features – You will own the initial strategy and specifications of China features and products, from mocks, to wireframes, project phasing, analytics, and development success measures, so we build a truly local product for our growing Canva China user base.
- Rally, coordinate, and project manage the Canva China product team – You love rallying others and leading with influence, coordinating weekly cadences and product delivery timeframes of the Canva HQ China product team.
- Champion interoffice growth and product collaboration between Beijing, Manila and Sydney – You are one of Team China’s core internal champions at Canva, leading efforts to gather information from Sydney team growth experiments and playbooks to pass learnings on and adapt to Canva China’s offering, proactively sharing successes across offices so we grow our user base in the most effective way possible.
- Elevate China product quality assurance and user support – Proactively find problems and issues on canva.cn and our China mobile apps, especially in respect of the products your Sydney team are building, then work with the Quality Assurance team and relevant Canva counterparts to resolve them.
- Analyse, evaluate, and iterate on our China products – You are very comfortable with data, especially consumer product data. The words MAU, LTV, activation, and retention don’t scare you. You are able to identify when things we’ve built are not working out, and use data to prioritise issues and iterate on them, achieving buy-in from decision-makers around you.
Experience you'll need
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a product management for a SaaS product, ideally one that had a China-userbase, related online software product or digital product.
- You deeply understand the Chinese consumer tech ecosystem and are aware of what we need to build to offer our users the best possible design product experience.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best. You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You have worked with engineers and have a solid understanding of China web tech stacks and popular feature-sets. You’re familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing. When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge. You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You are excited by the prospect of working directly on shipping simple, beautiful products. You’re aware of what it takes to get from envisioning ideas to delivering the final product.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems. You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a marketer at heart – You can demonstrate an understanding of the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into user growth
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, and as such it’s likely that you’ll be working on new and exciting projects pretty often.